Friday, February 24, 2012

Audience for along way gone.

 The audience for the book A Long Way Gone is for the more mature crowd, not for children under 13. I would say that the audience was Invoked not an Addressed audience. Every time I stopped shooting my magazines and saw my two young lifeless friends, I angrily pointed my gun into the swamp and killed more people (Beah 119). The war memories had formed a barrier that had to break in order to think about any moment in my life before the war (Beah 149). People like the lieutenant, whom I had obeyed and trusted, had made me question trusting anyone, especially adults ( Beah 153). It makes you aware of the pain and distrust that he might had felt at the time. When gun shots started in the city of free town, Ishmael and Mohamed looked at each other with the look that said, " not again" (202). This makes you feel upset for him especially because of what he had already gone through.  This book persuades the audience to feel a certain way. It is almost like you had endured the pain yourself. The purpose of these examples in the book is to get you moved enough to help in the cause, and make you aware of what is going on in some countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment